SPICY, HOT CHICKEN SOUP…
With winter slowly getting its hold on us, it is time to entertain the tongue with our hot and spicy delicacies. Let us now see a novel recipe of the chicken soup. It is ready within 30 minutes and can be substituted by pumpkin, to suit vegetarians.
Ingredients needed :
2 chicken legs, baked or unbaked
600 ml chicken stock
400ml coconut milk
1tbsp tomato puree
400g chopped tomatoes (one tin)
1 medium potato, diced
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1tbsp ground coriander
1tbsp ground cumin
1tsp palm sugar, if available, or normal sugar.
1 lime, crushed and juiced.
2tbsp olive or sunflower oil.
A pinch of dried crushed chillies.
– Bake your chicken legs in the oven. If you have ready baked ones, you can proceed with them. Once baked, remove the skin from the legs and shred the meat.
– In a large saucepan pour the olive or sunflower oil and sauté the well chopped onion.
– Add the coriander, cumin, cinnamon and garlic, one after the other cook for 2 minutes.
– Now, add the chicken stock and tomatoes, and cook for 5-10 mins.
– Then, add the diced potato, half of the prepared lime juice, palm sugar, chillies and half of the coconut milk.
– Cook for 20-25 minutes.
– Now, add the rest of lime juice, coconut milk and tomato puree.
– Stir well then until you get a smooth blend.
– Add the shredded chicken from the first step and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
– You hot winter chicken soup is ready. Serve it decorated with coriander leaves…