This is a gluten-free version of the classic bar cookie made popular by Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, with a few changes for gluten-free and a shortcut or two! Makes a 9×13-inch pan. Cut into small squares, the recipe will yield about 2 dozen bars.
• Gluten-free graham crackers like Kinnikinnick, enough to line the bottom of the 9×13 pan
• 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• ½ cup butterscotch baking chips (Hershey’s are gluten-free)
• ½ cup peanut butter baking chips (Hershey’s Reese’s baking chips are gluten-free)
• 1 cup shredded dried coconut
• 1 cup chopped pecans (or other nut of your choice; may be omitted if you do not eat nuts)
Preheat oven to 350F and line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parch-ment paper or aluminum foil, allowing the paper or foil to hang over a couple of inches on the ends. This will help you remove the bars after baking and cooling.
Using whole graham crackers, cover the entire bottom of the pan with crackers, overlapping if necessary and cutting sheets of graham crackers to fit as needed.
Spoon sweetened condensed milk over graham crackers, spreading evenly. Top with chocolate chips, butter-scotch chips, peanut butter chips, coconut and nuts, evenly sprinkling each layer over the previous one.
Press the layers down firmly with the back of a large wooden spoon so that the layers come together a bit. Bake 25 minutes, then remove from oven to cool completely in pan.
Once bars are cooled, carefully lift them out using the overhanging pieces of the parchment (or foil) you used to line the pan.Cut into squares with a sharp knife and transfer to serving tray if eating immediately, or place in a storage container with a lid for saving for later. Keeps 3 days at room temperature when covered tightly.